Pages

Friday 15 December 2006

Colour!



It's only day two of my blogging life, but I think I'm already addicted. Thought I might explain some of the links that I've added under "What's going on?". Fete des Lumieres is pretty self-evident, the second in my embryonic list is the website of an artist, Veronique Ziminski. Her paintings are being exhibited at the moment in a little gallery in Lyon, near to the Place Bellecour. Having walked past several times, about a month ago I decided to venture in. Good choice. As soon as you enter the gallery you are overwhelmed by the complete riot of colour created by countless vivid paintings that brim with life and movement. The world painted on those canvases seems at once incredibly real and completely implausible. My favourites are the ones of musicians, clowns and bridges, though there are plenty of other themes explored (French cafes, cities, country scenes for a start).

http://www.veronique-ziminski.com/index.htm

1 comment:

Il fu oca said...

uh! Never been there!
You should have told me that.

now french.
Je t'écrirai une mail, avec mon adress.
Dans le meanwhile:
mwa, mwa, darling!