Pages

Sunday 18 March 2007

Book market

Books are my secret addiction. Although to be honest, there's not really anything secret about it, it would be more accurate, though less revealing, just to say that I'm a book addict. In a very comforting article I read recently I finally found some sort of justification for hoarding books. Apparently those who are "truly cultured are capable of owning thousands of unread books without losing their composure or their desire for more". So I'm either truly cultured or truly delusional, and I'd probably go for the latter. However this confession is not made in order that I might change my ways, oh no. I make this confession so that other addicts might share in my newly found book source. From the bridge between Place Bellecour and Vieux Lyon walk up along the Saone along the quai. Keep going and you will find youself in the midst of stalls filled with books of all kinds, many covered with the distinctive white or cream dust jackets favoured by the publishers 'Editions Gallimard'. More than enough here to feed any book addict's addiction. Enjoy.

No comments: