Pages

Monday 29 December 2008

Bother

Bother, bother, bother. Another 21st-century lesson to learn. I'm in the middle of reading John Fowles's The French Lieutenant's Woman - completely wrapped up in the book is probably more accurate than saying I'm merely reading it. It's one of those books that convinces you other dimensions in the universe must exist, because you're carrying around a 445-page book of evidence to prove the case. I digress, as I also did when checking my email just now. I succumbed to googling 'John Fowles' to find out more about his life (oh dear, I hear you say), and accidently ruined the ending of the book. Or the two endings, as one article informs me. Bother, bother, bother. Moral of the story: Professor Google often has too many answers. Alternative moral of the story: don't waste time on google.

No comments: