Pages

Sunday 25 January 2009

Living the dream

One of the highlights of living in Bristol is spending your days in a permanet TV set. Not only is the BBC's Casualty filmed here (yes, I've been in the same pub as a Casualty star. This would have been a dream when I was about 14, less so now), the E4 over-the-top teen series Skins (which is about what I should have been like if I had been a coolkat kid at 14 rather than watching Casualty) also features the hilly streets of Bristol. But for true got- the- t-shirt, seen- the-location satisfaction, you need to pop over the Severn Bridge to the land of Gavin and Stacey. Oh yes, today I fulfilled that lifetime ambition to visit Barry Island. Home to Nessa's amusement arcade, Dave's coaches and many near-vertical streets of terraced houses. Better than TV anyday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southeast/sites/barry/pages/gavinandstacey.shtml?2

No comments: