Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Creative links

Evening all. As a post-Jubilee weekend treat, here's a quartet of fantastic creative people whose work I've recently discovered, which you might want to investigate. They are all friends and acquaintances; I love it when you find out people's hidden talents. Here they are, in no particular order.

First up is Alice Brazier, a Bristol-based artist and illustrator whose lively, deft pen captures everything from people and pets to boats and buildings. I love her sketchy, easy and warm style. Here's her website, and here's her blog.

Next is Jenny Price, founder of Dandylion Jack design. If you're after a bright and beautiful nature-inspired greetings card, this is the place to go. Jenny's cards are currently on sale in the pop-up shop in Cabot Circus.

Third in line is Leopold Tobisch, a musicology student, and, judging from his blog, a photographer with a strongly artistic, sharp eye. What a great range of moods and lighting.

And last, but not least, here's a writer I enjoy reading: Little Girl Lost in London: Trials and Tribulations of a Northern Journo in the Big Smoke. I think I'm right in saying her real name doesn't appear on her blog, so I won't give it away, but head here for writing that's both wry and poetic.



No comments: