Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2017

Drawing up the reading list

Right. Time to get organised. I started my Reading the World project in rather laid-back fashion. I've since realised a few things. One: unless I keep focused, it could be rather a long time until I navigate the globe. Two: some countries are going to be a lot harder to cover than others, so that will need a bit of planning. Three: reading is a solitary pursuit but for me this is about learning more about the world. I don't want to read in a bubble. I want to know what books people from far and wide can recommend. So, to start with, I put out a note out on Facebook. Over the past two days, I've had 55 book suggestions. They range from Jilly Cooper to Gogol. Shockingly, I've never read either…

If you've got any book suggestions, please do let me know by commenting or emailing.

No comments: