Pages

Wednesday 28 February 2007

The King Listens...


Am doing a translation for a student director of a play called "The King Listens", which is a dramatisation of a short story by Italo Calvino. Calvino himself doesn't seem to have been too sure about his suitability for writing about his chosen subject!

“Another book that I am in the process of writing talks of the five senses, demonstrating that modern man has lost his use of them. By writing about this problem, I am presented with my own problem as my sense of smell is not well developed, I lack aural attention, I am not a gourmet, my sense of touch is approximate, and I am myopic.” (Italo Calvino, Mondo scritto mondo non scritto, 1983)

2 comments:

Il fu oca said...

bien sur! En italien c'est "Re in ascolto". Est-ce que tu sais qu'il a eté mis en musique aussi? Luciano Berio a fait ça.

http://www.jstor.org/view/00274666/ap031020/03a00090/0

Bien, je suis content que tu travaille sur choses italiennes. Bisous.

Rebecca said...

Oui, mais je ne l'ai jamais entendu. toi? C'est bien? Je te dirai qu'est-ce que j'en pense apres je voir le spectacle!!!! Bisous.