Pages

Sunday 29 April 2007

Look into my eyes .... you're feeling sleepy...


Free publicity seems to be a bit of a theme at the moment: make sure that this Friday evening you are in couch potato gear, planted firmly in front of Channel Four at ten o'clock. Why? Because at Ten O'clock psychological illusionist Derren Brown is set to play with your mind on his new show Trick or Treat. And this Friday, May 4th, Derren's victim/subject/hypnotee is a good friend of mine, Yshani, - a fantastic pianist currently studying at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, and fellow Derren Brown fanatic (she's definitely winning in the fan stakes!) The show's theme is "Trick or Treat": each week a participant picks a card, either trick or treat, and a series of events based on this choice subsequently unfolds. Without giving away anything in advance, Yshani ends up playing in the Wigmore Hall. So I'm doubly jealous now :) Meeting Derren Brown and playing in the Wigmore Hall. What else is there left to do?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Yshani did brilliant. I am also a piano player and have an excellent teacher too, who is or at least was a concert pianist herself. (Sue Compton), very well know somwe time ago. I am nowhere near as good as Yshani - I wish I was and it was me who met Derren.
Check out my tribs to him on youtube.

USER Computersolutions164